Travel Guide Places to visit More
Libya
7.6
Food and Wine, Art & Culture, Enjoyable...
Resources For
Libya

Libya Vacations and Tourism Guide

Libya Tourism and Travel: online guide for vacations to Libya

Reviews

3/7/2010
Overall rating: 8

Surface:The total land area of Libya is around 1,759,540 sq km.

Population:  The population of Libya is around 5,900,754. Arabs and Berbers comprise 97%25 of the population; the remaining 3%25 include Europeans and Asians.

System of government: Libya is a military dictatorship.

Capital: Tripoli, with a population of around 1,269,700 inhabitants, is the capital of Libya.

Religion: The state religion is Islam (Sunni Muslim).

Official Language: The official language is Arabic. English and Italian are also spoken.

Government: Libya is a military dictatorship.

Climate: Libya has a Mediterranean climate. Winters are mild and wet and summers, hot and dry.

Units of measure and electricity: Libya follows the metric system of measurement and the official electricity unit is 220V, 50 Hz.

Time Zone: The Libya standard time is GMT + 1.

Currency: Libyan Dinar (1 € = 1, 72 LYD).

Travel documents required: Visas are necessary for travel to Libya.


Sosa Yesterday at 13:17
Benghazi 10
Benghazi! Best city in the world! LOVE IT. Many place to shop in the old and new town. Rich in History as well as beaches everywhere you go. And just an hour east you'll find some of the most fascinating Ruins outside of Greece and Rome. And oh ya, the most hospitable people you can find...(just don't mess with there women).

Meimona 7/12/2012 At 13:46
Sabratha 10
The best and happiest day of my life. The beach, the people, food, the historical places and roman ruins. All these make you love sabratha and many more. Sabratha is very comfering and relaxing, not too noisy and very crowded. Very peaceful, no issues, everyone's friendly and they are welcoming. I LOVE SABRATHA



Markers Libya

Boring
Enjoyable
Lacking
Functional
Dangerous
Safe
Expensive
Affordable

Popular Tags

Adventure Art & Culture Youth travel Food and Wine Family fun Romance Bike friendly Chaotic Enjoyable Ecological

Top Destinations

6.6
Food and Wine, Art & Culture
6.4
Art & Culture, Youth travel
6.4
Art & Culture, Food and Wine
6.1
Food and Wine, Art & Culture
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel

Travellers' choice

1
Beach
(Benghazi)
2
Roman ruins
 Landmarks and Historic sites (Sabratha)
3
The beach
 Beaches (Sabratha)
4
Ghat Libia
 Tours (Ghat)
5
Ancient Tripolitania
 Tours (Tripoli)
6
Attend a Gheta Party
(Benghazi)
7
Bolifa Restaurant
(Benghazi)
8
City
(Sabratha)
9
Clubs
(Tripoli)
10
Desco
(Tripoli)
11
Desert trip
(Benghazi)
12
Ever
(Benghazi)
13
Hicking
(Benghazi)
14
Mountains
(Sabratha)
15
Old Town (sog al Gareed)
(Benghazi)
16
Oriental weather
(Benghazi)
17
Plains
(Sabratha)
18
Roman ruins
(Sabratha)
19
Sport activities
(Sabratha)
20
The beach
(Sabratha)
21
Vacation
(Benghazi)
22
Visit shahat
(Benghazi)
23
Vodca
(Tripoli)

Other Destinations

Search Maps Libya