Category: General Tips
Reviews Useful advise
- The Indian currency is known as Rupees.
- Tipping is quite common practice and the usual option is to leave a tip of 10%25 for the services rendered.
- Tamil is the official language while English is fairly understood in tourist areas.
- The international dial code for India is 91.
- The tap water is not necessarily hygienic so the tourist should use mineral water or coconut water.
- It is advisable to remove your shoes while entering any places of worship.