Travel Guide Places to visit Hotels Jamaica More
Jamaica
7.6
Sun & beach, Food and Wine, Trendy...
Resources For
Jamaica

Jamaica Vacations and Tourism Guide

Jamaica Tourism and Travel: online guide for vacations to Jamaica

Reviews

3/7/2010
Overall rating: 8

Surface:The total land area of Jamaica is around 10,831 sq km.

Population:  The population is around 2,780,130. Africans comprise about 90%25 of the population; the remaining 10%25 includes several mixed groups.

System of government: Jamaica is a constitutional parliamentary democracy.

Capital: Kingston, with a population of around 660,000, is the capital of Jamaica.

Religion: A majority of the Jamaican population are Protestant Christians.

Official Language: The official language is English. Local Patois is also spoken.

Government: Jamaica is a constitutional parliamentary democracy.

Climate: Jamaica has a tropical climate with hot and humid weather.

Units of measure and electricity: Jamaica follows the metric system of measurement and the official electricity unit is 110V, 50 Hz.

Time Zone: The Jamaican standard time is GMT – 5.

Currency: Jamaican Dollar (JMD).

Travel documents required: Passports are necessary for travel to Jamaica.


User 13479 3/1/2012 At 11:41
Lucea 8
Lucea got so much history that need to be preserved. Lucea is the only cost line town in Jamaica that you have to drive through to link up with other town or city. Our representatives need to start seek funds to clean up,and give Lucea town a face lift, so that we can try to bring back people to invest into the town and to capitalise on some of the tourism trade. I love my parish sad to see it like this now Lucea in the pass was a busies town much more than Montego bay and Negril so why can we preserve that old status. Love you Hanover Love you Lucea, by the will of God we shall rise up again and stand right in the fort front of Jamaica

Joy Today at 03:02
Kingston 8
Steeped in history, lovely architecture, lively bustling . Avoid late at night though. Good for shopping - uptown (St Andrew) has some lovely shops with exquisite jewelry and fashionable clothing and shoes. And if you are coming home from overseas the foreign currency will help you get a bargain (if you compare the prices taking into consideration the exchange rate). Visit places like Ammars uptown. Oh, and don't forget to try Devon House ice cream. I use to visit every Saturday/Sunday night for sundaes - there was usually a very long queue (line) but was very orderly with no pushing or fussing.

Jamaica Destinations

6.1
Art & Culture, Family fun
6
Art & Culture, Educational
6
Green and wild, Mountain
6
Educational, Youth travel
6
Educational, Youth travel
5.9
Art & Culture, Educational
5.7
Educational, Sport


Markers Jamaica

Entertainment:
Transportation:
Safety:
Asequibilidad:

Popular Tags

Art & Culture Food and Wine Youth travel Romance Family fun Sun & beach Bike friendly Cosmopolitan Chaotic Enjoyable Ecological

Top Destinations

7.6
Sun & beach, Adventure
7.3
Youth travel, Sun & beach
7.2
Youth travel, Art & Culture
7.1
Food and Wine, Sun & beach
7
Sun & beach, Food and Wine
6.6
Sun & beach, Art & Culture
6.3
Green and wild, Family fun
6.3
Sun & beach, Romance
6.2
Romance, Art & Culture
6.2
Food and Wine, Educational
6.2
Art & Culture, Educational
6.1
Educational, Adventure

Travellers' choice

1
Denbigh show
 Events (May Pen)
2
Dunn's river falls, St.Ann
 Beaches (Jamaica)
3
Negril Cliffs
 Nature and sport (Negril)
4
Street Food
 Food and wine (Kingston)
5
Acropolis
 Nightlife (Portmore)
6
Acropolis Gaming Lounge
 Nightlife (May Pen)
7
Cookies Night Club
 Nightlife (Portmore)
8
Doctors Cave Beach
(Montego Bay)
9
Dolphin Cove
(Ocho Rios)
10
Experience the Nightlife
(Kingston)
11
Firefly
 Other attractions (Port Maria)
12
Hiking in Blue Mountains (scenic)
(Jamaica)
13
Hope Gardens
 Parks and gardens (Kingston)
14
Kool Runnings Waterpark
 Parks and gardens (Negril)
15
Lucea Parish Church
 Landmarks and Historic sites (Lucea)
16
Moneague Lake
 Landmarks and Historic sites (Moneague)
17
Mytic Mountain
(Ocho Rios)
18
Portmore Town Center
 Stores and shopping malls (Portmore)
19
Ricks cafe
(Negril)
20
Sam Sharpe Square & memorial
 Landmarks and Historic sites (Montego Bay)
21
The beaches, especially Negril seven mile beach
(Jamaica)
22
The People's Museum
(Spanish town)
23
Top Beaches
 Beaches (Montego Bay)
24
Treasure Beach Area
 Other attractions (Alligator Pond)
25
Up Park Camp
 Other attractions (Kingston)

Other Destinations

Search Maps Jamaica