Author: Elisabeth And Teije
|Share your experiences|
Finally, we leave southern Spain and enter Portugal, the target of our trip. But it is a habit of us to encounter interesting things along the way, so it always takes more time to arrive somewhere than we plan. This time we encountered the Archeodrome in France, Andorra because Teije wants to visit that country, Barcelona because we both want to see it, especially the buildings made by Gaudi, Cordoba because we are in the neighbourhood and the same is true about Gibraltar.
But we have reached Portugal on the 9th day of our holiday. Friends of ours (a Portuguese man and a Dutch woman) have recently moved to Portugal, so we have decided to visit them, also. They live in Albufeira, so there we go first.
- 18 June 2001 - To Albufeira, Portugal
- 19 June 2001 - Exploring Albufeira
- 20 June 2001 - Albufeira and to the beach
- 21 June 2001 - To the Monchique mountains
- 22 June - A quiet day at Albufeira
- 23 June 2001 - To Lagos and Portimão
- 24 June 2001 - A quiet day at Albufeira
- 25 June 2001 - Along the coast to Sagres
- 26 June 2001 - A cruise along the coast of the Algarve
- 27 June 2001 - The neighbourhood of Albufeira
- 28 June 2001 - From the Algarve to Lisbon
- 29 June 2001 - Lisbon
- 30 June 2001 - On our own through Lissabon
- 1 July 2001 - From Lisbon to Praia da Mira
- 2 July 2001 - Mira, Aveiro
- 3 July 2001 - To Casfreires near Satão
- 4 July 2001 - Viseu and the Serra da Estrella
- 5 July 2001 - Exploring the neighbourhood of Satão
- 6 July 2001 - A visit to Coimbra and Conimbriga
- 7 July 2001 - A last quiet day at Casfreires
- 8 July 2001 - Back to France
- 9 July 2001 - From south to northern France
- 10 July 2001 - The trip back home
18 June 2001 - To Albufeira, Portugal
In Albufeira we get lost totally before we find the campsite, after asking several people for directions. It is quite a luxurious campsite, but not on the beach. That isn't necessary for us, we aren't people who like being on the beach for hours... well, that is what we think at that time...
We set up our tent on a quiet spot and then start to explore the campsite which takes us over an hour. There are several swimming pools, restaurants and an extensive security at the gate. The prices are correspondingly: € 17 per night for 2 people, 1 small tent and a car.
At night we phone with our friends and make an appointment for tomorrow. Next we walk into the old city centre of Albufeira, a very attractive place with a nice market square. For the next ten days that we stay at Albufeira we make a habit of it to walk to this place and have a drink or a meal on the market square, enjoying the warm weather, the people and the atmosphere. Surprisingly, we haven't made any pictures of the place!
No review available for this travelogue