Author: Elisabeth And Teije
|Share your experiences|
It has been only 2 months since we visited Scotland, but we are on our way again. Teije will start with a new job after this holiday, so we fear that we won't have very much time for more trips this year.
- 15 June 2002 - Groningen - Øksendrup, Odense
- 16 June 2002 - To Kopenhagen - via Malmö to Jälluntofta, Sweden
- 17 June 2002 - Jälluntofta - Nyköping , taking a long detour
- 18 June 2002 - Nyköping - Stockholm, via Trosa
- 19 June 2002 - From Turku to Helsinki
- 20 June 2002 - Helsinki - Jyväskylä, many woods
- 21 June 2002 - Jyväskylä - Oulu, and more woods
- 22 June 2002 - Oulu - Tornio (with a detour to Luleå, Sweden)
- 23 June 2002 - Tornio - Ivalo, we pass the Arctic Circle near Rovaniemi
- 24 June 2002 - Ivalo - Norway, through northern Finland
- 25 June 2002 - North Cape - Alta (via Hammerfest)
- 26 June 2002 - Alta, searching for the canyon
- 27 June 2002 - Alta - Krokelvdalen, we visit Tromsø
- 28 June 2002 - Krokelvdalen - Sortland on the Vesterålen
- 29 June 2002 - To the Lofoten (Laukvik)
- 30 June 2002 - Driving the Lofoten from north to south
- 1 July 2002 - From the Lofoten to Fauske
- 2 July 2002 - Fauske - Namsos, crossing the arctic circle
- 3 July 2002 - Namsos - Oppdal (via Trondheim)
- 4 July 2002 - Oppdal - Loen (stave churches, Geirangerfjord)
- 5 July 2002 - Loen - Øvre Årdal, Jostedalsbre glacier
- 6 July 2002 - Øvre Årdal - Oslo - Skarnes
- 7 July 2002 - Back to Denmark
- 8 July 2002 - Safari park at Givskud, Århus
- 9 July 2002 - The homeward journey to wet Holland
15 June 2002 - Groningen - Øksendrup, Odense
Quietly we leave home at half ast eleven and after 5 hours of highways we sit in Odense in the sun, enjoying a cup of coffee.
According to our travel guides every Dane has been at least once in his life on this spot: the street and house where the famous fairy-tale writer Hans Christian Andersen (born 1805) was born. The alley itself has very nice small houses (picture), but the actual house has been rebuild into an ugly building. Or they must be busy renovating. It is not worth a picture!
It is relatively quiet in this town. A nice place to walk around for a short time and look around.
We still have plenty of time left and use it to drive around the island Funen (Odense being the capital of it) and around we decide it is time to look for our KRO-hotel, a sort of motel, at Øksendrup.
Date: 3/23/2008 2:54:00 AM
Snx for you job! It has very much helped me!