Reviews Palais du Tau
Palais du Tau
The Palais du Tau or the Palace of Tau was the palace of the Archbishop of Reims. It is where the kings of France once stayed prior to their coronation in the nearby cathedral. This palace, at present houses the Musee de L’ Oeuvre. It has displays of statuary and tapestries from the cathedral along with reliquaries and other objects which are associated with the coronation of the French kings. This palace has also been added to the UNESCO World Heritage Site. This palace derives its name from its T-shaped layout and its first documented use dates from 1131. This palace was modified many times between 1671 and 1710.
Maybe you might also be interested in:
|Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims - 1.8 mi|
Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Reims. It replaces an older church which got destroyed by a fire in 1211. Many people know Rheims for its beautiful cathedral, Notre-Dame de Reims. This was the...
Reviewed by: Editorial Staff