Surface:The total land area of Italy is 301,230 sq km.
Population: The population of Italy is around 58,147,740 (July 2007 est.) with mainly Italians
System of government: Italy has a republic government.
Capital: With a population of about 2,551,000 inhabitants, Rome is the capital of Italy
Religion: Roman Catholics comprise 90%25 of the population; the remaining 10%25 are Protestants and Jews.
Official Language: Italian is the official language of Italy
Government: Italy has a republic government.
Climate: The climate of Italy is primarily Mediterranean; Alpine in the north while hot, dry in the south.
Units of measure and electricity: Italy follows the metric system and 230V, 50Hz is the basic unit of electricity.
Time Zone: The Italian Standard time is GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 in summers)
Currency: Euro (1 € = 1.35 USD)
Travel documents required: To travel to Italy, one requires a visa as well as a ‘Permesso di Soggiorno’, which is a permission to stay from the nearest Police Commissary within eight days of arriving.
The picturesque city of Venice, Italy is full of romance and whimsy in every season, so it’s always a great time to plan your getaway! Looking for romantic trip ideas? Carnet suggests hiring a Water Taxi to take you to the Giudecca Canal just before sunset so you can enjoy the colors and reflection of the waters. Watch the rays of the sunset play on the gold of the domes of San Marco from the Bell Tower of San Giorgio Maggiore, far from the maddening crowd. Whether you’re traveling to Venice, Italy looking for romance or are a seasoned traveler, the Carnet travel guide to Venice has insider travel reviews for culture rich entertainment, art museums, galleries, fine dining, luxury hotels and fashion designer shopping addresses. A stroll through the neighborhoods of Venice is a lovely...
The town of Cervia is almost centrally located in Italy. It is a popular tourist destination, mainly because of its amazing beaches. Along with the beaches there are also things of historical importance that you can visit. Bagno Holiday Village is an excellent property, with great rooms, service and food .The Beach is beautiful with azure blue waters where you can easily spend many hours with your family and friends. Attilio Beach Pleasure Club is another such place, where the living quarters are great and there is a varied variety of would with prompt and excellent service .Parco Naturale di Cervia is a wonderful park that you must stop by at especially if you have children. The park has nice trails and even a small farm which the kids enjoy. Museo Del Sale, more commonly known as the...
|Emilia Romagna||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Trentino Alto Adige||Tuscany|
8.4Art & Culture, Shopping
8.4Art & Culture, Food and Wine
8.4Mountain, Green and wild
8.3Mountain, Green and wild
8.3Art & Culture, Food and Wine
8.2Mountain, Green and wild
8.2Sun & beach, Art & Culture