Info about St. George’s Church in Sopot
Category: Monument and Historic Building
Reviews St. George’s Church in Sopot
St. George’s Church in Sopot
Built in 1901, St. George’s Church in Sopot is situated in the city’s former market place on Konstytucji 3 Maja Street and was designed by architect L. von Tiedermann. Up until the end of World War II, the church was Evangelist, but was reincorporated to a Catholic church after 1945.
The church was first funded by Kaiser Wilhelm II, with his wife, the empress Augusta Victoria, having attended the consecration ceremony herself. The church’s tower can be seen from miles away and from the Bay of Gdansk.
Inside the church, there is a figure of the Holy Mary of Czestochowa, which until 1971 was on board the Polish transatlantic liner, the Batory. Guided tours of the church are available.
Maybe you might also be interested in:
|The Crooked House Landmarks and Historic sites (4)||The Grand Hotel in Sopot Ul. Powstanców Warszawy 12/14 81-718 Sopot a 332 m  Landmarks and Historic sites (4)|
|Monument to the Armia Krajowa in Sopot Józefa Czyzewskiego 13 Sopot a 563 m  Landmarks and Historic sites (4)|
Properites near Sopot
|a 2.9 Km Monte Cassino De Luxe Hotel Sopot Hotel From € 36||a 3.2 Km Miramar Hotel Sopot Hotel From € 24|
|a 3.7 Km Lalala Hotel Sopot Hotel From € 52||a 3.4 Km Hotel Bursztyn Sopot Hotel From € 34|