Bridgend: Attractions and more...
St Fagans houses a constellation of buildings that are being moved from several portions of Wales to this place. They are inclusive of a string of cottages of old miners, a conventional welsh longhouse, bakery, school, chapel, etc. This museum is regarded as the precious one; amongst “Welsh National Museums’. No entry fees are charged as such.
The year 1946 marks the beginning of this museum. It was the year when the lands and castle were donated by ‘Earl of Plymouth’. As far as public is concerned, it got opened in the year 1948. It was known as ‘Welsh Folk Museum’ then. Welsh name hasn’t changed since that year; but English nomenclature was changed once before it got its present name. That name was ‘Museum of Welsh Life’.
The credit for conceiving this idea goes to Lorwerth Peate. It had been modeled on ‘Skansen’ (located in Stockholm).
Other Attractions United Kingdom:
More information United Kingdom:
|Porth - 10.5 mi|
The village of Porth has been in existence since ancient times. Several monuments and structures belonging to different historical ages support this fact.
Castle an Dinas hill...
|Port talbot - 10.6 mi|
Baked Bean Museum of ExcellenceThe ‘Baked Bean Museum of Excellence’ was conceived as well as created while Captain Beany had ‘half-baked’ idea of allowing...