Adinath Temple Khajuraho - Monuments and Historic Buildings
The Adinath Temple is the last of the Jain temples and is dedicated to Adinatha, the Jain saint. It is decorated with sculptures of Yakshis.
The three other temples in this group are as follows – the Brahma temple with a four-faced lingam, the Vamana temple that has images of beautiful apsaras trying to entice, the Javari temple that has a splendid gateway and lavish carvings.
These temples were built from 950 A.D. to 1050 A.D. in the era of Kirtivarman. The small and simple Adinatha Temple is towards the north of the Parasvanath temple and there are good carved figures of court musicians on the walls of the Adinatha temple.
Currently, this temple has only a sanctum and vestibule and there is no ambulatory. The mandapa and entrance porch is substituted by a sophisticated entrance chamber that is constructed from lime-plastered masonry and arched doorways that are not compatible with the original edifice.