Cadmans Cottage Historic Site is located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Built in 1816, Cadmans Cottage is one of Sydney’s oldest surviving buildings. This structure was originally part of the Government dockyard. It is named after and was home to the longest-serving superintendent of government craft, John Cadman.
In the mid-nineteenth century, Cadmans Cottage was part of the Water Police Station, and then became a home for the sailors. In 1988, an archaeological excavation revealed material of the history of this site. An exhibition is held in the lower level of the cottage, chronicling the cottage’s history.
It was the head office to the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife and now serves as the Sydney Harbour National Park Information Centre. One can also make bookings for the Sydney Harbour Islands from here.