The Astor Theater is a classic, single screen cinema situated in the inner Melbourne suburb. Used first for public entertainment in 1913, the place shared the site with confectioner and livery stables.
It was reconstructed several times and by 1936, it was open to public. The architect of the theater was Ron Morton Taylor. Designed in Art style, the theater offers a range of films for the public to see and enjoy.
Apart from this, the theater is also one of the last theaters to use the traditional two level auditorium layout in Melbourne.