Notre-Dame de la Garde is a basilica situated in Marseille, France. It is affectionately referred to as La Bonne Mère (meaning the Good Mother) by the locals. Its construction was completed in 1864. The interior of the basilica is adorned with mosaics, inlaid marble, and murals. Many walls are covered with a number of ex-votos such as paintings, model boats, plaques, war medals and also football shirts that are given by players and Olympique de Marseille (a local team) supporters.