St. Lambertus is a tall church situated in the heart of Düsseldorf which was built in the fourteenth century. This church which is tall and twisted competes with the other skyscrapers in the vicinity.
The church has both Gothic and Romanesque influences in its architecture. The relics of the patron saint of Dusseldorf, St. Apollinaris, are situated here and there is also an original splinter from the cross of Christ.
The church has stood here since 1380 when Düsseldorf was the capital of the Duchy of Berg and there was rapid development in the region. In the front there is a huge sculpture of the crucifixion of Christ. It is believed that the roof of this church is crooked since it was built with fresh wood that was not dry.
Some even believe that the roof will become straight once again after a virgin marries in the church.