This church is locally known as Thomaskirche. It’s a home to world-famous ‘St. Thomas’s Choir’. Built in the year 1212 to serve as church of ‘Augustinian House’, it had undergone alteration in the following centuries. The 15th century witnessed it being given form of ‘Late Gothic hall-church’ in pattern of ‘Upper Saxony’. As far as west front is concerned, renovation work was carried out from 1872 to 1889.