The National Museum of Bavaria (Bayerisches Nationalmuseum) was founded in 1855 in Munich. Located in an eclectic style building, the museum's collection comes from the Bavarian family, the Wittelsbach, donated by Maximilian II in 1855. The museum is known for hosting in the basement, a rich collection of Neapolitan and southern Germany nativity scenes in baroque style. The paintings, sculptures, artifacts and other objects until the eighteenth century are located on the ground floor, while the works and objects of the Biedermeier period are on the first floor, along with many porcelains and musical instruments. An entire room is dedicated to the works in porcelain designed by Francesco Antonio Bustelli of Intragna.