Opera House in Budapest
The Hungarian Opera House, also known as the Budapest Opera House is a neo-Renaissance opera house that is located in central Pest. This magnificent structure was designed by Miklós Ybl, a renowned 19th Century Hungarian architect. The construction started in 1875 and ended in 1884 under the direct supervision of Ybl himself. The construction was financed by Emperor Franz Joseph. The auditorium is decorated with more than 7 kgs of gold. The main facade is adorned by statues of world famous composers like Beethoven, Mozart and Verdi. The main entrance is decorated by wrought irons and 2 imposing sphinxes.