The Tipu Sultan Fort is close to the City Market in Bangalore and has been built in 1537 by Kempe Gowda, who was the founder of Bangalore.
The fort has complicated carved arches that are according to the Islamic style. The major highlight of this fort is that there is a Ganapati (Lord Ganesh) temple in it that has been well-retained.
Inside the fort there is the Tipu Sultan Palace that has been built in 1790.
This palace is constructed totally of teakwood. Tipu Sultan used this structure as a summer residence.
It is a two-storied palace that has balconies, arches and pillars. There are attractive gardens on both sides of the palace and these lead to the main entrance.
In the palace, the walls as well as the ceilings have been decorated with beautiful floral designs. The eastern and western balconies of the upper floor were used by Tipu Sultan to manage the affairs of the kingdom.
Following Tipu Sultan’s death, the British used this palace as the secretariat up to 1867.