Jain Temple in Delhi
The Digambar Jain temple was constructed in 1526 and is the oldest temple pertaining to the Jain religion in Delhi. Its location is opposite to the Red Fort at the juncture where Netaji Subhas Marg intersects the Chandni Chowk.
The prime shrine at this temple is of Lord Mahavira, the 24th Tirthankara (Fordmaker) of Jainism. There are statues of Lord Parasnath, the immediate predecessor of Lord Mahavira and of Lord Adinath, the first Tirthankara of Jain religion.
Before entering the temple complex, the visitors must remove their shoes or any other leather goods. A large number of devotees gather in this temple and make offerings like candles, rice, grains and fruits.
In the complex, there is a bookstore that has a huge assortment of rare literature on Jainism. One can take photographs here and there are no charges for it.