Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
The Nahargarh Fort is situated 6 kilometers north of Jaipur just below the Jaigarh Fort. It was constructed by Maharaja Jai Sawai Singh in 1734.
The term “Nahargarh” refers to “The Abode of Tigers”, hence the fort is also called as the Tiger Fort. As per a legend, the ghost of a Prince used to haunt the construction site of this fort But when a tantrik (Exorcist) was called the ghost acceded to leave the fort only if the fort was named after him.
So, the fort is named after Prince Nahar Singh. Out of the several buildings in this fort, the Madhavendra Bhavan is the best as there are several interconnected rooms that have hallways and colorful corridors hence this place was used by members of the Royal family as a picnic spot.
The highlight of the fort is the attractive view of the Man Sagar Lake and its suburbs. This fort is geometrically designed and appears best when it is lit up at night