Jagdish Temple in Udaipur
Jagdish Temple is situated inside the City Palace complex. It is dedicated to Lord Laxmi Narayan (Vishnu).
This place can be reached by taxis, tongas, rickshaws or buses in the city. This temple was constructed by Maharana Jagat Singh in 1651. It has an Indo-Aryan style of architecture.
This temple has three storeys and there are lush halls, painted walls, decorated ceilings and ornately carved pillars.
The height of the spire of the main temple is 79 feet and includes the sculptures of musicians, horsemen, elephants and dancers. At the entrance of the temple, there are two huge stone elephants.
At the front of the temple, there is a stone slab on which are inscribed references to Maharaja Jagat Singh. Before one reaches the main shrine, there are thirty two marble steps.
At the doorway of Lord Vishnu is a brass image of Garuda (half-man and half-eagle). The image of Lord Vishnu has four arms and is carved from one piece of black stone.
There are four other shrines that are dedicated to Lord Shiva, Goddess Shakti, Sun God and Lord Ganesha.