Dublin Streets and Neighbourhoods: information about Parnell Square
HeaderPageTitle-GetPartialViewNoCache = 0
Rank 32# on 44
number of ratings 0
The Parnell Square is a central square which is named after Charles Parnell, a 19th century advocate for Irish independence. This square is a significant Georgian square at the north end of O’Connell Street. Formerly named as Rutland Square, it is surrounded on three sides by original intact Georgian houses terraces. Towards the north side of the square, one can see the garden of Remembrance which a memorial is commemorating the Anglo-Irish war victims who laid down their lives in years from 1919-1922. This garden opened in 1966 and was designed by architect, Daithi Hanly. The square has been witness to numerous historic events.