St. Peter's Church is a tall beautiful church situated in Riga and is named after Saint Peter. This historic building was first built in 1209 as a church for the people. Later on, in the beginning of 15th century, it was enlarged. The tower was completed in 1746 and was restored later before 1973. The height of the tower is almost 70 meters. It withstood and was damaged during the war and fire and rebuilt in 1970.