The Tempel Synagogue is a Reform Jewish synagogue in Krakow, located in the thriving Kazimierz district. First built between the years of 1860-1862 and designed by Ignacy Hercok, it has a richly finished interior with a tall central section glanced by lower wings in a Moorish Revival architectural style.
The synagogue was destroyed during the Second World War years by the Nazi Germans, who used the building as an ammunition storage area. It was not until after the war that the synagogue was reopened for regular prayers, which were held until 1985. Due to a large inflow of donations from international contributors, the synagogue remains open today, although formal prayers are held a few times a year. English-speaking tours are available upon prior request.