The Centennial Hall in Wroclaw
The Centennial Hall in Wroclaw is a building of vast historical importance in the city, which first opened in 1913, in celebration of 100 years after the defeat of Napoleon at the Battle of Leipzig. First erected in 1911 by architect Max Berg, it was built as a multi-purpose recreational building with a symmetrical quatrefoil and vast circular central space that can seat about 7,000 spectators.
Located on ul. Wystawowa, today the building is a UNESCO World Heritage Center and is frequented by both Wroclaw locals and tourists. In 2009, the hall hosted the EuroBasket 2009 tournament and is actively used for various sporting events and concerts. The hall reopened its doors in 2011 after a brief renovation period. For more information on guided tours (available in both English and Polish), ticket sales and events, check out www.centennialhall.eu.