The Old Parliament Building is a home to presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka. It is situated in Colombo fort facing the sea and is in close proximity to the President’s house, Colombo. The building houses the legislature of the island for over 53 years until the opening of New Parliament Complex at Sri Jayewardenepura in the year 1983, next to General Treasury Building.
The building catches the attention of various tourists around the world with its huge building made up in Neo-Baroque style, built during the British colonial era, housing the Legislative council of Ceylon. The building was designed by A. Woodson and was opened on January 29, 1930. The front garden of the Old Parliament building has hosted several bronze statues of eminent statesmen including Rt Hon D.S. Senanayake, the first prime minister of Ceylon, Honorable Dudley Senanayake and General Sir John Kotalawela- Prime minister of Ceylon.