School of Art in Glasgow
The School of Art in Glasgow is one of the two independent art schools located in Scotland. Founded in 1845, as the ‘Glasgow Government School of Design’, its name changed to the Glasgow School of Art in 1853.
Designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, the first half of the building was completed in 1899 and the second in 1909. At present, there are 1900 undergraduates, 200 postgraduates, 35 doctoral students studying in this prestigious school. Degrees here are awarded by the University of Glasgow.