The Cathedral of St. Andrews was the seat of the Bishops of St Andrews from its foundation in 1158. The historic building was later disused after the Reformation. Presently, it is a ruined monument in the custody of Historic Scotland. These ruins indicate the huge building size at 350 feet long. This is also one of the attractions which tourists come to see while in St Andrews.