Work on the Falls Church began in 1767 by Colonel James Wren, who designed the building. It is considered as the oldest remaining church building in Virginia. The Falls Church was built in 1769 and is regarded as a historic building. It was listed by the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1970. The church structure is the original model, except for some repairs of war damage and such additions in 1908.