The City hall or the Honolulu Hale was initially named as the Honolulu Municipal building. It is situated on South King Street, in the downtown part of Honolulu.
Its structure was completed in 1928 with contributions coming from many renowned architects such as C.W.Dickey, Hartwood, Rothwell, Miller, Kangeter and Lester. It demonstrates renaissance architecture design patterns and is listed in the National Register of Historic places.
These days it hosts art programs like concerts, exhibitions and events. It serves as offices to the mayor of the city, many government departments and the city council.