The mission of the First Congregational Church is to worship God and to educate the members in Christian life and faith. The first building where the church was open was a log cabin. So, in 1820, the church constructed a building on the very sport where the City Hall stands at present. This sanctuary was built in 1865. In 1924, the three story addition was made to the sanctuary rear end, known as Ellsworth wing. The Walbridge wing which was built in 1959 was replaced by the new west wing constructed in 2000.