The Point Reyes Lighthouse is also known as Point Reyes Light station, which is situated in the Gulf of the Farallones on Point Reyes. This lighthouse was listed on the national register of historic places in 1991. This lighthouse was built in 1855 and first lit in 1870. It got electricity in 1938 and concrete steps were also built by 1939. It got automated in 1975. It is 16 sided and 37 foot high tower with a twin of Cape Mendocino light.