300 Alamo Plz, San Antonio, TX, United States - (210) 225-1391
The Alamo, originally known as Mission San Antonio de Valero, is a former Roman Catholic mission and fortress compound. The Alamo is located at 300 Alamo Plaza in downtown San Antonio, Texas.
The Alamo grounds have five gates which permit access to the complex. Inside the old church are exhibits displaying artifacts associated with the Alamo Heroes: Travis’ ring, Crockett’s buckskin vest, a flintlock rifle used in the battle; a period Bowie knife, and more. An arrangement of flags represents the states and nations from which the defenders came. Somewhat disguised by this serene setting is the fact that this building was the scene of fierce fighting during the 1836 battle.