Opened in 1901, the Old Orange County Courthouse is the oldest court building in South California. It has been witness to many events which has shaped the present Orange County. At present, this 30,000 square foot building has been restored to look similar to the last century period. The building has the Orange County History Center, and such government offices. Moreover, this building is on the National Register of Historic places and is known as a State of California Historic Landmark.