The Bowers Museum is known as the internationally celebrated institution of art and culture dedicated to the preservation, study and exhibition of fine arts from all parts of the globe. It is named after Charles Bowers, a late 1800s, Orange County land developer, who donated the land on which the museum stands. The building was constructed in the year 1931. The museum opened its doors for the public in 1936 and was made in Revival style. In 1987, it got closed for careful study by the city government. And in 1992, it opened again with its 63,000 square foot facility and having a crowd of more than 17,000 people.