Bush Stadium in Indianapolis
Perhaps not as dazzling as the Conseco Fieldhouse or any of Indianapolis’ other reigning sports complexes, the Bush Stadium was once home to minor league baseball team the Indianapolis Indians. The Art Deco stadium complete with it's ivy covered walls saw the Indians play as the farm team for not only the Pirates, but the Cleveland Indians, Milwaukee Brewers, Montreal Expos (Now the Washington Nationals), Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia Phillies, Boston Braves (Now the Atlanta Braves) and even the Cincinnati Reds.
The now-defunct stadium was first built in 1931 and started out as the Perry Stadium, named after it’s first club owner, Norm Perry. It was renamed Victory Field in 1942 and then adopted the name as Bush Stadium after major league baseball player and Indianapolis citizen Donie Bush.
Now on Indiana Landmarks’ 10 Most Endangered Landmarks List since 2008, the stadium is now being used as an auto graveyard with Cash for clunkers cars filling the historic stadium. Its last moment of glory was in 1987, when the stadium hosted the Pan Am Games.