The town of Milford established the library, which is named the Milford Town Library in 1858. It existed in many locations between the period of 1858 and 1886. Later on, it was moved to the Memorial Hall Building, where it remained for one hundred years. The New Milford Town Library building after reconstruction in 1983 opened to the public in 1986. There is provision of many facilities at its two levels. The main level covers 17,445 square feet and the lower level measures 9,555 square feet.