Mauch Chunk Opera House was initially designed to meet the community requirements. It is along with both an open air farmer’s market and a second story concert hall. Its architect was a Philadelphia architect named Addison Hutton. This hall was formerly opened in the year 1882. At present, the historic building is nationally recognized as an outstanding venue offering live music entertainment along with performing arts. It is operated presently by the Mauch Chunk Historical Society.