The historic building was once a neo Gothic castle which dates from 1488 and at present this house is a regional gallery. This is known as the largest museum in Palermo and is totally devoted to art. Majority of the work dates from the medieval and the Renaissance period throughout the 18th century. Moreover, this is the greatest gallery of regional art in Sicily and also one of the finest art galleries in the whole Italy. Some of the collections include the evolution of the art from the 13th century to the 18th century. Overall, a must visit museum.