The Lapidary Museum of Verona, for some best known as “Lapidario”, was opened in 1738 by Marquis Scipione Maffei, and for this reason it is often identified as Lapidary Museum Maffei. It’s the most ancient lapidary museum in Europe, as well as one of the first opened for public. It keeps a rich epigraphes collection: greeks, etruscans, arabics but also from the ancient people of Veneto. Overall, the Museum exhibits more than 500 ephigraphes from different historic periods. The museum is in Bra Square, at the heart of the city. The building was originally conceived as courtyard access for the near Filarminic Academy Teathre.