Cathedral in Bristol
Bristol Cathedral is also known as the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity. This is an Anglican cathedral that is situated in the Bristol city of England.
The cathedral was founded in 1140. In 1542, it became the Diocese of Bristol's cathedral.
Situated on the College Green area, this cathedral features gothic architecture. This magnificent structure is surrounded by lush green landscapes.
Tourists can see the splendid architecture from a distance. The structure is extremely well preserved despite the fact that it was built 700 years ago. The structure displays an enormous number of architectural marvels. The choir and the aisles are of the same height inside the cathedral. Hence it was called a Hall Church.
The clerestory windows are absent, which is unusual for an English church. Instead, there is a large window called, Lady Chapel inserted in the upper wall to let light in. Vaulting is provided in the medieval part.
Instead of one, there are 3 vaults provided.
The construction was finally finished in 1888. The cathedral has a rose window, which is another unusual thing for an English structure.