×
Our site uses profiling cookies, also from third parties, to send advertising according to your preferences.
Please, click here to get more information or to deny your consent to all or certain cookie. Closing this banner, scrolling the page or clicking on any of its elements you may consent to the use of cookie.
To accept | Read more
HeaderMain-GetPartialViewNoCache = 0,0030035
HeaderContext-GetPartialViewNoCache = 0
HeaderBreadcrumb-GetPartialViewNoCache = 0
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010004

Egypt Vacations and Tourism Guide  

HeaderPageTitle-GetPartialViewNoCache = 0,0010013
DestionationGallery-GetPartialView = 0,0410393
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010013
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0
VideoListGuideNewsletter-GetPartialView = 0,0010008

Overall rating

253
Good
230
Very good
109
Average
12
Low

Who was there

All
106
Couples
38
Families
30
Youth travel
24
Aged Tourists
18
IntroInfographicGenericContainer-GetPartialView = 0,0080064

Info about Egypt

Overview

Surface:The total land area of Egypt is 1,001,450 sq. km.

Population:  The population of Egypt is around 80,335,036 (2007), comprising 98%25 Egyptians. The remaining 2%25 includes Berbers and Bedouins.

System of government: Egypt is a republic. The President is the chief of state.

Capital: Cairo is the capital of Egypt and has a population of around 750,000 inhabitants (2006).

Religion: Approximately 90%25 of the Egyptian population is Muslim; the remaining 10%25 is Christian.

Official Language: The official language is Arabic.

Government: Egypt is a republic. The President is the chief of state.

Climate: Egypt has a typical desert climate—hot summers and mild winters.

Units of measure and electricity: Egypt follows the metric system and the official electricity unit is 220V, 50 Hz.

Time Zone: The Egyptian standard time is GMT + 2.

Currency: Egyptian Pound: (1 € = 7.6027 EGP).

Travel documents required: A tourist visa is necessary for travel to Egypt, along with a passport that is valid for at least six months.

CommonInfoPlaceIntro-GetPartialView = 0,003003

The most popular guides

16
TOURS
8
SIGHTSEEING
7
NIGHTLIFE
7
NATURE AND SPORT
6
BEACHES
6
TOURS
3
LANDMARKS AND HISTORIC SITES
1
TRAVEL TIPS
1
PACKING LIST
1
SIGHTSEEING
10
LANDMARKS AND HISTORIC SITES
9
TOURS
6
STORES AND SHOPPING MALLS
4
MUSEUMS
4
STREETS, SQUARES AND NEIGHBOURHOODS
GuideListAggregateByDestination-GetPartialView = 0,2718561
EventListByDestination_NxN-GetPartialView = 0,006006

Accomodation in Egypt

Search a Hotel

IntroAccomodationNSContainer-GetPartialView = 0,3764428
CommonListAdditionalLink-GetPartialView = 0,02102
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010009
AdvAdSenseSearch-GetPartialView = 0
VideoListGuideNewsletter-GetPartialView = 0
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010013

Type of holidays

Sun & beach
Art & Culture
Adventure
Sport
Young & single
Romance
Family fun
Students
Shopping
Food and Wine
Mountain
Green & wild
Casino
Spa & wellness
Pilgrimage
Cycling Tourism
DestinationListExperience-GetPartialView = 0,003003
IntroListStatesList-GetPartialView = 0,0280269
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0
AttractionListBest_1xN-GetPartialView = 0,0280269
DiaryListByDestination_1xN-GetPartialView = 0,2001921
JoinUs-GetPartialView = 0,0020017
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010009
Footer-GetPartialView = 0,0020021
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0
AdvValica-GetPartialView = 0,0010009